“Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”
- When there is a drought you are glad for rain!!!
- In its primary application this verse refers to the restoration of adequate rainfall… (SDA Comm)
- Be glad because the early and latter rain is going to be sent to finish the work!!
- The Rains represent the work of the Holy Spirit…
- Be Saturated with the Latter Rain…!
- In its figurative application to the Christian church the early rain represents the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, whereas the latter rain represents the final outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which produces “the
- This final Outpouring of the Latter Rain (Holy Spirit) is to be the greatest outpouring to date!
ripening of the harvest” (GC 611; cf. AA 54, 55).
“Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.”
- Autumn Rain is the (Early or Former Rain), Spring Rain (Latter Rain)
- The Lord is waiting for the Harvest…Patiently…
- The Early or Former Rain represents the Outpouring of the Spirit at Pentecost and the Disciples…
- The Latter Rain is poured out on the Church at the end of time to prepare the world for the Coming of the Lord
- If you don’t receive this outpouring to fall, YOU WILL BE LOST!!
- But the good news is Jesus now patiently waits to give us this power!
- The key to receiving the Latter Rain is to first realise that we are bound up with a Laodicean mentality and once we first realise this then we can begin to focus on our real needs! Read Rev chapter 3. We can’t see our true state, but God does. Buy from Him His Righteousness!
We Cannot Wait for the Whole Church
We Must Enter Upon the Work Individually “Are we hoping to see the whole church revived”? That time will never come. There are persons in the church who are not converted, and who will not unite in earnest, prevailing prayer. We must enter upon the work individually. We must pray more, and talk less.”1SM 122, LDE 195
CHARACTERISTICS OF THOSE WHO WILL RECEIVE THE LATTER RAIN
- Converted, (Acts 3:19)
- Overcomes, (Rev 3:12) (Zech 4:6)
- Active Labourer With Christ (Entire Wholehearted) Matt 28:20
- Some will never unite in the work of receiving the Holy Spirit and the Latter Rain!
- Some are just not converted! Pray that we will be!!
- Calling on God now to receive the promised Latter Rain Power is our greatest individual need.
- Don’t Wait. Call on Him now.
“If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.(1 John 3:20)
When the people of God come to the place of persistent prayer, the place where Peter, James, John, and the rest of the apostolic company came after the ascension, the “latter rain” will fall and multitudes will be converted. Joel 2:23 promises both the former rain and the latter: “Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.”
- To feel the need of the Spirit and pray for His presence
This need must receive priority in our spiritual life.—AA 50; ChS 253
- To experience first the early rain
Forsaking sin, cleansing heart by confession, prayer and consecration; thus preparing for added power.—TM 507
Growth in grace and walking in light already received.—AA 54
- To be willingly used and guided by the Spirit
We cannot use Holy Spirit, we must surrender to Him.
- To eliminate dissensions and misunderstandings
All differences to be put away.—DA 827
- To surrender self
Surrender of self opens way and opens our eyes.—6T 43.
When emptied of self, vacuum will be filled by inflowing of Spirit. —GW 287
Self-idolatry to be crucified.—GW 114
We cannot empty ourselves of self; we must consent for Christ to do it.—COL 159)
No limit to our usefulness if we put self aside.—ChS 254
This is a summary of 30th January 2021 – Sabbath Service, by Pastor Colin Stewart.